In this SLP assignment, write a 2- to 3- page paper in which you do the following:
- Describe the four (4) common causes of chronic diseases.
- Discuss effective preventive efforts for diabetes that must ocÂcur to yield health benefits.
Be sure to support your essay with evidence from the literature.
SLP Assignment Expectations
In order to earn full credit:
Length: SLP assignments should be 2-3 pages in length.
Please write your paper in your own words. That is the only way I can evaluate your level of understanding. Quotes are rarely needed; if necessary, they should comprise less than 10% of a paper and must be properly cited.
Even though the papers must be written in your own words, you are required to cite sources for any statement of fact or idea that is not common knowledge. You are required to cite the sources within the body of the paper and include a reference list at the end of the paper.
Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source of information. Use credible, professional, and scholarly sources such as journal articles from ProQuest or EBSCO, and government, university, or nonprofit organizationsâ€™ web sites.
For each module as a whole, you must clearly show that you have read the module homepage and the required background materials. You are welcome to do research in addition to — but not instead of — the required readings.
Your papers will be evaluated on the following factors:
- References – citations are used within the body of the paper any time you state a fact or idea that is not common knowledge and a reference list is included at the end of the paper.
- Precision – you follow all instructions and you answer each part of the assignment.
- Breadth – you show broad knowledge of the moduleâ€™s topic.
- Depth – you go into detail to show more critical thought about the specific assignment.
- Clarity – the extent to which you elaborate and include discussion or examples as asked.
- Application – the extent to which you apply the information to a real-life situation related to the assignment, if asked.