Financial ACCT Final
Using the Library and the Internet, identify a publically held multinational company of your choice. Research its filings to the SEC, particularly the 10-K and 10-Qs. Also, examine its annual report online. You will then prepare an APA research paper including the follow elements:
- What assumptions is the financial reporting model based on?
- What principles support the financial reporting model?
- Who oversees the accounting profession?
- What is the role of Congress in settling the concerns that arise with accounting firms and their clients?
- Describe how the annual report differs from the 10-K. What is contained in the annual report that is not in the 10-K and vice versa.
- How does the 10-K report differ in content from the 10-Q? What is the reason for the difference?
- Describe 2 disclosures in the 10-K that were surprising or interesting to you? Why were they interesting or surprising to you?
Please submit your assignment.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS
- ABSTRACT. A summary of your paperâ€¦not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
- BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 4-5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.