Selecting a for-profit organization of interest, you will research an unusual or conflicting accounting principle that has impacted your chosen organization. The research will require you to present, review and analyze the organizations published accounting statements of the last two years. Specifically, your research paper will:
- Identify the core functions of each department, their strengths and weaknesses, and make recommendations for improvement, as appropriate.
- Identify and describe the underlying problem or conflict.
- Compare the alternative courses of action.
- Explain the effects at issue.
- Recommend options that would be consistent with the accounting practices of the organization, accounting processes, and accounting-related departments.
- Include the last two years of published accounting statements.
Present your findings as a Word document of 3â€“4 pages formatted in APA style.
Please submit your assignment.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- TITLE PAGE. Remember the Running head: AND TITLE IN ALL CAPITALS.
- ABSTRACT. A summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person voice.
- BODY. The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The type face should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3-4 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- REFERENCE PAGE. References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper and lower case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference Page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.