4â€“5 pages; Plus a 5â€“7 PowerPoint slides Speaker notes of 150â€“250
You are the department manager for a thriving orthopedic center that is part of an integrated delivery system (IDS) in Arkansas. The IDS is owned by a national corporation, with varying sized health care facilities from coast to coast. As the department manager, you participate in various committees and panels that address multiple aspects of the centerâ€™s business and administration. Currently, the chief executive officer (CEO) of the IDS is considering approving procurement of a surgical robotic unit, at the recommendation of the systemâ€™s chief of surgery, for use in the thriving but overloaded orthopedic center that the Arkansas hospital houses.
You are to also prepare a PowerPoint presentation explaining the specific differences among economic factors that must be considered prior to the purchase of the surgical unit.
Write a paper of 4â€“5 pages discussing the competitive ability of acquiring a surgical robot unit. In your paper, include the following information:
1. Who are the stakeholders in this scenario both internal and external?
2. What is the impact to the various stakeholders of acquiring a surgical robot unit?
3. What are the external and internal factors that will impact the decision?
4. How might consumers (patients) react?
5. How will acquiring this technology impact the organizationâ€™s ability to compete?
Also, prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 5â€“7 slides on the same issue, and be sure to include the following:
Include 150â€“250 words of speaker notes.
Include in text citations and a reference slide.