lick the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Stories of Change
Due Week 3 and worth 135 points
Read the â€œStories of Changeâ€ section in Chapter 1 of the textbook that describes how companies such as Hewlett Packard, IBM, Kodak, and McDonaldâ€™s have addressed significant changes within their organizations.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Using Kotterâ€™s model, identify the three (3) most significant errors made out of all of the change stories presented and describe the ramifications of those mistakes.
- Make at least one (1) recommendation for each change story that would have improved the effectiveness of the change process and explain why that recommendation would have altered the outcome of the change process.
- Attribute a change image to the leading managers or directors in each change story and provide an explanation as to why that change image label is appropriate.
- Recommend a different strategy for managing change in each of the one change stories presented and provide a justification for your recommended strategy.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare theories of change management and select an appropriate theory for an organization change.
- Evaluate the reactions to change including identifying signs of resistance and approaches to managing it.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing organizational change.
- Write clearly and concisely about managing organizational change using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.